painting sapelle doors white

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend has brown sapelle doors - I'm not sure if varnished but they prob are. If we require a white satin finish, what undercoat should I use ( if any). I have Dulux QDP - which I am not sure will work. THANKS in advance for any help ;)

Sponsored Links
jamiller said:
My friend has brown sapelle doors - I'm not sure if varnished but they prob are. If we require a white satin finish, what undercoat should I use ( if any). I have Dulux QDP - which I am not sure will work. THANKS in advance for any help ;)

I use zinnser 123, after sanding off and cleaning etc. You will/ may get stain bleed from the old stain the 123 is a stain blocker but may need two coats, it looks like its bleeding through but the 123 will trap the stain, then give it two coats of solventbased satinwood.

Or dulux stain block.

Thanks for the info. I have used Dulux trade stain block plus on ceilings , but, it says nothing on the tin about any other applications, Hence my hesitation to use!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back