Painting Textured Internal Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've had 4 new internal doors fitted (moulded 4 panel textured finish). I have painted one side of one door with two coats of Dulux Quick Dry Satinwood (brilliant white). Problem is, even after two coats its still quite patchy and looks like it will need at least one more coat. The doors were slightly off white to start with and the Dulux just doesn't seem to cover very well. I've read in other posts that this might not be a very good choice of paint. Would an undercoat help before applying the Dulux Satinwood, if so which undercoat would you guys recommend. Failing that, if I just bite the bullet and start over again which paint would you recommend for a satin finish (Brilliant White). Thanks :?:

Sponsored Links
Although there is nothing wrong with the finish it gives I also have noticed this with it as well, seems to be fine if the surface is already white and then still needs 2 coats.

I personally like crown non drip satin, be warned it does dry very quick so speed and a very good brush is a must.

Think I'll go for an undercoat, just not sure which type would be best to use with the Dulux Satinwood.
Any suggestions?
Also is best to use just an undercoat or a combined primer/undercoat, again any thoughts.
Many thanks :)

Just an undercoat - Johnstones is good ( according to another post here) but I know their Joncryl combined is only fit for priming ( in my opinion )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back