Best Satinwood?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to paint my doors with brilliant white satinwood, i have finished undercoating so there ready for top coat now

Was in B&Q earlier I was looking at the dulux paint

They had regular Satinwood and quick dry satinwood, what gives the best and most durable finish?

pete

Sponsored Links
The oil based stuff is generally tougher, and it dries to a smoother finish (surface tension of oil is lower than water)

oil based is def better , try and get hold of dulux trade satinwood from a paint merchants , the trade stuff is better.
for future reference there is no need for undercoat with satinwood , 2 coats of satinwood gives a really nice finish. although you may need to spot prime bare bits.

Sponsored Links
Totally agree with philomahoney. Dulux is by far the better option. Have used it since it first came out. Nice durable alternative to eggshell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back