Painting Small MDF Letters??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wife needs to paint small MDF letters, using a brush is a pain. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, was wondering about spaying but some of the letters are quite small ie 50mm high by 5mm thick and the idea of a weighty spray gun with the paint isn't appealling.

I'm not up to date with types of sprayers - do they all have the spray head as part of the spray gun or can I get something where the spray head on the end of a hose?

Sponsored Links
Yeh, that's probably where we will end up, but if we wanted to try a sparyer any suggestions?
Thanks.

I don't do much spraying so maybe someone else can recommend a decent trade spray gun. I myself have a Sealey that is an all in one spray gun that is mains powered. It wasn't expensive (under £100 I think) but has been good for what I have needed it for and is still going strong.

Depending on how many letters need painted is going to be the overall factor in whether or not its viable to buy or hire a sprayer or whether to just do it the old fashioned way with a brush.

good luck ;)

ok, thanks. At the moment its a hobby but it could turn into a small business. Its very slow using a brush so might be worth an investment. Trouble is all the stuff I've seen is for large surface spraying rather than small objects.

You could just lay a good few on a board and spray that. Just give them a few coats and go in different directions to make sure you have hit all the edges!

ok, thanks. At the moment its a hobby but it could turn into a small business. Its very slow using a brush so might be worth an investment. Trouble is all the stuff I've seen is for large surface spraying rather than small objects.

If you intend to strike lettering, or any other form of inticrate design using a spray gun, you will need to purchase what is called an air brush, these come in kit form of which includes everything you need. The other alternative which is often termed as brush design is to purchase a set of either sable or sable and ox writers.

If you were to google these up you will find a vast array of both, just bear in mind that with regard to decorative painting both methods require a great deal of practice.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back