Painting the Fence.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time has come to paint my fence, the simple question is about the green algae that has formed on some of it . Do I blast it off with a pressure washer and repaint or just paint over it.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
why does everyone think a pressure washer will sort every problem out. :rolleyes: Ill guarentee it will be faster to do it with a brush than a pressure washer

Sponsored Links
Thermo tbf the only reason I want to use the pressure washer is I can get to the fence without stomping all over the plants in the border, and saving me much grief with the wife, and aim to spray it with a proper compressor job.
As for jays na apparently it knackers plants. but thanks .

youre going to have to cover the plants anyway for spraying it. A dilute solution and a brush will lift more than a pressure washer and help stop it coming back.

once you've killed it, it will come off much more easily with a stiff brush. I use dilute bleach. A garden spayer will do it, but add washing-up liquid to make it stay on instead of running off.

I presume that when you say paint, you really mean a water-based waxy stain?

I presume that when you say paint, you really mean a water-based waxy stain?
Yep any recommendations, I'd do it in creosote but its not what it used to be (and doesn't smell half as nice as it did :D )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back