Painting using Pliolite paint on slightly wet surfaces..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Of course painting exterior walls requires a dry surface - however is it possible to paint using Pliolite paint on new render that has dried for 5 weeks, but it has been raining slightly for the past few days?
i realise it is not ideal but scaffolding is expensive! From what i understand, Weathertex Pliolite in particular is a good option as it is one of the most breathable, but will this work onto slightly rain wet walls?
And does Pliolite paint require a primer ?

Thanks in advance for your time
:salute:

Sponsored Links
Why use Pliolite in the first place?

I am a decorator- I do a lot of exterior work.

The only key advantage of the stuff is that, being solvent based, it can be applied in temperatures as low as minus 5-10 degrees centigrade. It is shower proof faster than most waterbased paints, but at this time of the year (here in London), the differential is minimal.

With regards to breathability- I am not convinced that it is any more breathable than a decent quality waterbased masonry paint.

Downsides- it costs more, doesn't offer superior longevity, and requires white spirit to clean up.

I don't think that it requires a primer (check the specs first though), but you have to allow upto 16-24 hours before recoating.

Personally, I would use waterbased masonry paint, thinning the first coat as per the manufacturer's instructions. Then follow up with two full fat coats.

Regarding the scaffolding, the companies that I use- the bulk of the cost is putting it up and taking it down. If I tell them that I need it for 6 weeks and it becomes 8 weeks, none have ever charged me extra.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back