Painting very large garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be painting a very large panelled garage door soon and was wondering how best to go about it to save having 'thick edges' everywhere. With the door being so big the paint is going to go off on me if I can't work out how to get around it.

Sponsored Links
Use a small roller and lay it off with a brush,will save you lots of time.Please note im not a "pro" wait for other more experienced people to reply! :rolleyes:

If your going to use a roller, dont use a foam one as this will not put enough paint on the door and the subsequent rolling will put too much air into the paint and make it go off quicker. Use a 4" medium pile one that has been used before and wont shed any fluff. Get the paint on and lay it off with a decent brush about 2 1/2 inch. You should have some form of seams or edges to work to where the paint can stop and start if you have too. Thin the paint down abit if the door is metal. Dont stop for a brew half way through. :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back