Painting walls using telescopic ladder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im planning to paint my walls which are about 3 meters high and im looking for some solutions to get up that high.

I dont have a ladder but was reading about telescopic ladders which seem pretty useful even for my gardening work.

My question is: Has anyone used a telescopic ladder before and are they safe to use inside the home for example painting high walls?

Thank you all

Sponsored Links
You need to make sure you get a telescopic ladder that meets EU standards for safety if you want to avoid any freak accidents!

They are pretty expensive compared to standard ones but they can be a great investment if you buy the right one. Since your looking for safety i highly suggest you try to get one that has a stabilizer or gripped legs to avoid any slipping or shaking.

With a little research i manged to find a website that describes which telescopic ladders you should get and what to look out for heres the link if you want: http://www.techturbo.co.uk/telescopic-ladder/

They say you should avoid any 'made in China' ladders as they have some problems. The one i got from B and Q does the job for me but its only 2 meters so your gonna need a bigger one.

Good luck with your painting.

Thanks for the fast reply. Would the gripped legs be good on my laminate flooring without it damaging it?

They are rubber legs so i don't think it would damage it. You could put a blanket under it but obviously you would need another person holding the ladder in case it slips

Sponsored Links
Your right the second coat will be a pain. The ladder you posted looks great actually , i think im gonna go for it. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back