Telescopic Hedge Cutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I have a Leylandii hedge about 60 ft long, 18 ft high and about 4 ft deep.

I have an electric hedge trimmer (Bosch) which handles the front and the near side of the top edge perfectly. However, due to the depth of the hedge I can't get to the back of the hedge on the top edge, and so am looking for a pair of telescopic hedge shears/cutters for use on a platform ladder, just so I can snip those bits off.

Can anyone recommend anything? I have seen the Fiskars Telescopic Universal Cutter (which looks good), but the reviews seem a bit hit and miss, and I am not entirely sure whether they will be good for the top of a hedge (probably more suited for a tree?)

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Sponsored Links
how about this split shaft hedge trimmer/strimmer i bought one as i sometimes need a powerfull brush cutter, but not very often - think i paid about £80 for mine - well pleased. just keep an eye out of loose bolts, the chinese still haven't discovered thread lock.[/url]

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
how about this split shaft hedge trimmer/strimmer i bought one as i sometimes need a powerfull brush cutter, but not very often - think i paid about £80 for mine - well pleased. just keep an eye out of loose bolts, the chinese still haven't discovered thread lock.[/url]

Thanks, but I was looking for something "manual", i.e. not petrol/electric powered.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back