Panel Mounted Speed Regulator Module?

I think he needs to watch the videos I suggested or stop playing with electronics.

Sponsored Links
"You don't solder the PVC insulation, you solder the wire it is insulating."

Precisely my point, and why solder wasn't used. The cable already has mini in-ports in a plastic socket unit.

"You don't solder the PVC insulation, you solder the wire it is insulating."

Precisely my point, and why solder wasn't used. The cable already has mini in-ports in a plastic socket unit.
Which cable?

The one from the adapter, i.e. the one where you said you cut the plug off?

Or the one going into the speed controller, which according to the manual for it does not exist?

Sponsored Links
I hates soldering :eek:

It's a simple enough procedure. I suggest you learn to do it right if you want to play around with this stuff.

Is there a link or thread for this or need I start a fresh thread please? I have iron and solder, I never mastered 'tinning', I can solder two wires together but the joint will be blackened & brittle. I would love to be able to solder well however.

Soldering irons may also have improved since I bought mine of course, which was over a decade ago.

Best thanks.
I've just put this in the Wiki, so I thought I'd add a link to the recent posts on soldering conductors together.

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:soldering

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back