Panic buying Sainsburys vs lidle & the Co-op

Pity.

You're deffo not an optimist.(n)

Unlike me.(y)

yea of course you are, it’s not like most of your posts are doom and gloom , it’s good to see you in an optimistic mood for once , let’s hope it happens more than once in a Preston flood

Sponsored Links
Methinks your not recognising the sarcasm in my post?
My wife works in a supermarket, it is most certainly NOT their fault.

But don't let that stop the public from giving them as much sheite as they can about it.

The shop staff are getting harassed and abused every day over this, because of course - its all their fault that the shop no longer has essential supplies in.

Why you blaming the Staff?
Methinks your not recognising the sarcasm in my post?
My wife works in a supermarket, it is most certainly NOT their fault.

But don't let that stop the public from giving them as much sheite as they can about it.

I was pulling your leg. They are all doing a great job.

Sponsored Links
My wife does a meal plan for 7 days, then she does a list of every single item required for the meals, deducting off everything we have in the cupboard.

I wouldnt have the patience, but to be fair, we throw away virtually nil food. And we never visit the supermarket at all in the week.
It sounds overly regimented, but actually it means we dont have to think about what we will be having to eat plus it allows more fancy meals than would otherwise be possible.
Lol. Only a few weeks ago I was getting fed up of not being able to get anything else in the freezers because of all the stuff in them (small one in kitchen, another small one in shed) so I made a list of it all. All she did was roll her eyes and tut. To be fair, there were quite a few bags of ice cubes which I chucked and I still had several bags of frozen cauliflower florets that I grew on the allotment last year. We'd been gradually using it all up to save waste and when they were nearly both empty ........ the shortages started. Typical! Nearly empty now - pizza and peas tomorrow night! (Ignore the pain au chocolate comment - we always say that after her sister felt she had to explain them to us a few years ago and it’s become a running joke between us ever since).

98EA8FC5-455D-46A3-A747-6DEE5DF1EA6F.jpeg

Followed by a bad year when it’s all over and people find they don’t need to buy much for a very long time. :rolleyes:
Diary entry, 17 September 2049. Just opened the last multipack of toilet roll my Mum left me in her will.

I do similar, Mottie. Once in a while, I make a list of what's in the freezer and have a bit of a purge.

I also make a menu based on what we buy, making sure the dated food gets used in a timely fashion.

Mrs Secure went to Aldi earlier...most shelves bare.

If things go on in that vein, we'll be clearing the freezer entirely.

I have been advised to SI, Mrs S is working from home, the eldest is home from Uni as they are now closed and the other two are off school/ college as well.

So, five to feed with a limited amount of food.

I will be getting inventive, I think!

So the conclusion is wealthy people are selfish B'stard's !
Lol....posh people shop in Aldi/lidl...spent up after buying the massive car.They only go to Sainsbury to buy cheap and nasty diesel.

Sponsored Links
Back