Panic buying Sainsburys vs lidle & the Co-op

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to my local sainsburys super store .........unbelievable stripped bare ...literally and completely empty shelves no veg no meat, bakery section only a dozen french sticks.
If it wasn't bare very very depleted........as I went in a couple were coming out with nothing..... thinks this doesn't look good .......

This is the affluent side of town .......so I thought I'd go to a lidle about five miles away poorer area.
Some things were low or no stock but you could get most things......meat veg etc etc
On the checkout it said a maximum of six items I asked a member of staff what it meant as I had about 12 it meant a maximum of six of the same item he said tomorrow it's a max of four. Good call from Lidle.

On the way to Lidle I passed a co-op it looked normal so I went in ........everything in stock ....everything .

So the conclusion is wealthy people are selfish B'stard's !!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
The shops are being greedy too; they must be raking it in at the moment. In the past few days at my local supermarket, every time I've visited there has been queues at each till perhaps 5 times their usual length; yet only the same number of staff are in place serving. I feel sorry for these harassed workers.

It's all hysteria and the madness of crowds, but I seriously thing rationing should be introduced if it continues - or shoot to kill.

Sponsored Links
Lidl and Aldi are doing a better job of re-stocking shelves for whatever reason. Perhaps it's a Euro thing. Empty shelves - good preparation for us Brits come January 2021.(y)

The shop staff are getting harassed and abused every day over this, because of course - its all their fault that the shop no longer has essential supplies in.

Lidl and Aldi are doing a better job of re-stocking shelves for whatever reason. Perhaps it's a Euro thing. Empty shelves - good preparation for us Brits come January 2021.(y)

what a cowardly outlook you have

Well Costco have no limits. Annoying they letting personal customers in early.

Popped into Aldi, surprising it was better stocked than Sainsburys.

Supermarkets will have a good year.

Today I saw two kids having their shopping confiscated at the checkouts as they'd both been in for a trip earlier in the day. Brother and sister with one trolley each which is already taking the **** a bit.

That was handled calmly but someone did start talking very loudly about having the toilet roll and other items that'd been seized. The staff calmed it down but even with the stiff upper lip emotions are running high.

Tesco in a not very posh part of town fwiw.

Sponsored Links
Back