paper onto plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have dot and dabbed 12.5 mm plasterboard and filled the gaps with blue hawk plaster that has sanded down nicely is there any building regs requirement to have the walls skimmed and if not is it ok just to paper over the plasterboard?
thanks

Sponsored Links
No BR requirement for skimming PB as such but it will look much better. Lining paper will look cack but, being a plasterer, I am biased; when you want to decorate, all you can do is paint over it if you stick wall paper on there the first time you attempt to strip it of to redecorate it will probably destroy the paper face of the PB & you’ll be back where you started.

My first house was a timber framed one and all internal walls were plaster board with just paint on. Come to strip paper off some time later and it pulled off all the face of the plasterbaord. Looked awful.
As Richard says, better to have it plastered, than wish you had later on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back