Parallel vs tapered couplers

ok get ya now
3d-funny-eyes.gif

Sponsored Links
Arrgghhhh...........
this is probably all my fault.

The cistern in question is a toilet cistern.

So, I take all the blame (for everything except Gordon Brown's speach today) and here is the sitch....

Geberit wall mounted loo frame, integral "cistern" has a manufacturer's supplied brass fitting which has integral stop valve and a 1/2" BSP Male (tapered) end for connection to the supply (which I plan to be mains )

Do I HAVE to use a tapered female coupling (iron end) or will parallel with PTFE be fine.

Much obliged,

Sorry to be such a biffer !
Iain

Sponsored Links
Thanks one and all...........

FYI the only manufacturer I have found who makes a female tapered fitting is Yorkshire/Kuterlite....and their head of sales UK says that they don't have a domestic market for it in the UK, it goes almost exclusively to Europe (under the Kimi name) and is (quote) "particularly useful for high torque compression joints as a parallel female part, with male tapered insert, can undergo stresses at the outer lip, as the male part gets steadily wider, which might cause it to split."

Iain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back