Parapet Flat Roofs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have 2 flat roofs that have been re-felted not so long ago. The design is uncapped parapet, with engineering bricks on top of ordinary bricks (no dpc either). The ordinary bricks in the top 2 courses are damaged, and damp is coming in. :( I've read that torched felt, coping stones and dpc, with external insulation is good. My neighbour has had his 'encapsulated' with felt. Just wondered if this has longevity, and which way to go? Views very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Would really appreciate some help with my parapet flat roof problem.Brought a house 6 years ago with a flat roof.Found out after doing some other work that the roof was leaking and so needed it doing urgently.Looking back it was done rushed and probably was a bodge job.
They re-felted and put concrete along the side but since told they should of put felt either under or over parapet to seal it.
Anyway recently slight leak has worsened so looking at quote for repair.
Saw Everest recent 50%sale for new flat roof who had a look on 40 square meter roof and gave mind blowing £25, 000 quote which is now £9, 000.
It still seems too much any ideas how much it shoukd cost to repair or replace?
They want answer on Monday

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Cheers thats what I thought but they are unwilling to go any lower.Just wondered what would be average price I would of thought £2, 3000 myself but getting second quote on monday morning with local firm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back