Parking on grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Parking is very limited at the school where I work and the Head Teacher wants to park his small car on a grassed area. The area is about the length of his car and probably twice as wide. I want to lay something down first so that he doesn't just churn up the ground and turn it into a mud bath. I am thinking of some kind of matting. Does anyone know of a suitable (cheap) product? As is the normal case, the school doesn't have much money to spare.

Sponsored Links
Dig a shallow hole and use scaffolding wood?

There is a product that is simply heavy duty plastic mesh, about 2" squares, which is unrolled and pegged down on the grass. The grass grows through the mesh and can be mown in the normal way. The mesh spreads the load over the ground and prevents (reduces?) the soil compaction.

I have used it in my lawn to allow a tractor to go over it in its passage further up the plot and it worked for that. I haven't any experience of parking on it. I do know that a NT property uses it as I saw it when I visited. - Sorry, can't remember which, out of all the ones I've been to.

It was 15 years ago since I bought it and I have no idea now of the price or source.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help Kratos. Will have a look at this site and also Google for others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back