Parts for leaking cartridge tap?

23 Sep 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have got a bathroom washbowl mixer tap which is very similar to this: - though it is not from Bathstore. When turned off it was leaking from the spout. I called the plumber on the phone and said that it needs a new cartridge. Because there is no manufacturer’s name on any of the bathroom taps he suggested that he turns off the water, removes the cartridge and takes it to the plumbers’ merchants in the hope that he can obtain an identical item. Following this the tap has now started to leak from the joint and drips down into the base of the tap which is secured to a wooden worktop. Unfortunately the area below the tap is not accessible (there is no cupboard) it is simply tiled. The water has run down into the floor and is starting to stain the ceiling down below. I have switched off the water at the mains tap for now to prevent any further damage. The plumber is away until the beginning of the week and cannot be contacted but is there another part other than the cartridge that he will require to stop the leak from the joint?
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local