Party wall act, neighbour wants a certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
finished extension 7 months ago, all done and dusted albeit downstairs bog and 2 en suites.

Did the party wall act thing with neighbour through a surveyor (or whatever he was) and neighbour is now saying where is his certificate/letter to say it's all completed?

I didn't think there was any paperwork after the work was completed but now he's convinced me there is...

:?:

Sponsored Links
And he said without this certificate he will never be able to sell his house...
Is he pulling my plonker? :confused:

There is no completion certificate under the Act and in any case the neighbour wont need anything at all from the PWA in order to sell his house

Once the work finishes that's the end of it. The only proviso here is if, in the Award, there is mention of things like contribution to costs and the need to submit invoices within a certain time period of the completion of the PW work

Thanks Woody. So is there any kind of completion certs he needs access to, like the general BC/Planning ones?

Sponsored Links
No, as part of a sale of his property, he does not need anything to do with a neighbouring property.

Planning and building regs are public documents, and if he wants copies he can get them himself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back