Party Wall Agreement - Wording

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I am in the process of putting together a party wall agreement with my neighbour. From my research, one of the wordings that I would be using is as follows to describe the works.

Under Section 6

To excavate for foundations within 3 metres of your building to a lower level than your foundations (it is not proposed to strengthen your foundations)

Now, I do not know the exact wording that would be used if I am removing a chimney breast from my side, and it will be supported apporpriately according to my structural engineers calculations etc.

Sponsored Links
In removing the chimney breast, you would presumably insert a beam to support the remainder of the breast; the wording you have suggested would be OK,
and the neighbour should be satisfied that you are getting an SE on board.

For the excavation bit; just state that their foundation will be adequately protected while the new foundation is laid.

(The whole PWA thing is nonsense really, mostly just cut-and-paste by surveyors keen to extract money from worried clients).

Sponsored Links
Chimney work would be under section 2 not section 6. Amongst other things the notice periods are different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back