Party wall dispute

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we are currently on a party wall dispute with our neighbour. We are the one who is having loft and extension done.

Our neighbour and I are both have our own surveyor appointed. However the surveyor next door has been causing a lots of problem.

He is charging on hourly basis and we think it is his way to get more money out of us.

He first disappeared for six days and no respond from him at all. Then he still can't agree with a third surveyor with ours. He is a chartered surveyor and now he starts asking our surveyor for copy letterhead, whether he has insurance, and is regulated by any professional body.

He also want inspect on our side.

I would like to ask does anyone knows whether we have to give him access on our property? My understanding is his role is to inspect next door and is for accessing whether there is damage on next door property.

Our surveyor has advised us he is not entitled access on our side but he is keep pushing it and even trying to ask our next door neighbour to talk to us to give him access.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
He has an obligation to his client and obviously feels access is needed.

Why not let him do what he's paid for so that you can progress, denying him access will only slow down the procedures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back