Paslode won't fire

Did they tell you what the problem was?

You'll be looking for things to nail now :LOL:

Sponsored Links
oh iv'e got plenty of nailing to do,as im a roofer.it just needed the o ring oiling and some thing needed re-aligning.works great now chuffed to bits.
i even contacted itw products by letter and have heard nowt from them.v poor customer service..warranty means F All...

Pleased your back with you gun....If you havnt already read the cleaning instructions then id highly recommend it.
I work for a roofing firm but im not a roofer (joiner) and the lads who are using their guns all week battening and such like always tend to give their guns a clean at the end of the week.You'll be very suprised at how quickly you can clean it!! And you can always tell the difference.

HAPPY ROOFING :LOL:

Hi, having recently joined after reading thread... i am (it would appear as many other people are) having problems with my IM350, flipping thing wont fire!

I appreciate this is quite an old thread now, so fingers crossed someone can help, i have also tried to avoid asking the same questions as everyone else!! ............. but...

Fully cleaned..
New gas,
charged bat,
new genuine nails

when pressed down fan works, smells of gas, but nothing when trigger is pressed! :eek:(

Any ideas anyone?!?!

Sponsored Links
Hi,and welcome to the forum.....
Can you just clarify a few things please?
Is it a new or used nailgun?
On a fully charged battery does the light show as green?
When you inserted the gas canister-did you 'click' the cap on fully before doing so?
Is the gas inserted correctly?
Hopefully by checking a few of these questions you might find it is something so simple.....
Let me know the outcome :D

Hi Jaffa, thanks for your message,
It is a used nail gun out of warranty, which has been working fine, untill it got a little tempremental - not firing when pushed down straight away but worked after couple attempt, then stopped all together... so gave it a propper clean..

Battery shows green.
gas is in correctly... with canister double clicked as directed.

.... im pretty sure it was a problem before i cleaned it, and relitivly confident ive put it all back together correctly!
:?:

My paslode has quit. Again.
Took it apart and cleaned the cylinder and still won't fire. Heap of rubbish.
The new paslode framing nailers cost £450 and won't fire any nail but paslode nails.
Just bought a new Senco for £300 notes.
Which can be loaded with two strips and isn't picky about what nails you load into it..

Son in law gave me his to sort out, found the hinge pin [steel] can travel sideways on the gas lid preventing it from staying fully locked shut, safety will then prevent it firing, found by moving the hinge pin across into correct position all was good.

Found the paslode manual and it says cleaning the spark plug is important. I did that and it seems to be working OK now.
Now I got two framing nailers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back