paste the wall wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
there seems to be more of this about lately. Has this been used much by you guys(and girls!). Looks appealing as no soak time.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I've used Walldoctor lining paper. The advantage (for me) of pasting the wall is that dry paper is easier to cut around sockets, etc. It does give a great smooth finish. However, I found that the edges often needed overlap adhesive because by the time I came to press those down, the paste had soaked too much into the wall. (And before you ask, yes I had used a thinned down coat to prep the wall first.)

Ive used it once and must admit I was pleasantly surprised, it was a plain dark blue paper and I tohught id have probems on the seems with white showing through, but it was fine.

A lot of wide width vinyls are now being produced with the backing..it saves the grief of having to wet the back.

Nick...have you considered using ready mixed paste instead..it doesnt dry out as fast.

Nick...have you considered using ready mixed paste instead..it doesnt dry out as fast.

Well, I hadn't, Zampa. I was using the LAP stuff because everyone here speaks so highly of it, and it is good. But of course I'm not a professional and I'm never entirely sure whether I've got it to the right consistency. I think I might follow your advice and use the ready mixed stuff in future. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Well, I hadn't, Zampa. I was using the LAP stuff because everyone here speaks so highly of it, and it is good. But of course I'm not a professional and I'm never entirely sure whether I've got it to the right consistency. I think I might follow your advice and use the ready mixed stuff in future. Thanks!

I really like lap, great for lining paper but a pig to mix...its probablt better for lining than solvite because its high solids low water content..solvite is the opposite.

It doesnt hurt to bang a drop of pva in solvite btw for a bit of extra stick.

Well, I do really like the LAP, Zampa. I found it actually worked better (edgewise, that is) when I pasted the paper rather than the wall. You lose the advantages of dry easy-to-manage paper but it's worth it in tricky places like window reveals where I found I was havng to use a lot of Solvite overlap adhesive to get the edges to stick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back