Patching a rusted gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our home has a gutter inside the house and after 14 years the time and storms have taken their toll. I live in the Pacific and we experience storms every year. Due to money constraints, I can't afford to have it fixed and have the gutter replaced. It is really rusty and recently a side of it finally gave and it left a hole that causes flooding inside the house. How can I patch it up? What with? Attached is the picture of the damage.

344JXo2h.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with roofing and weather.

I cant understand what i'm looking at in the pic.
But FWIW the cast iron guttering is perished, and whatever patching up takes place will fail in a short time.

The gutter is finished and must be replaced.

Plastic guttering is probably as cheap as a roll of some kind of patching material.

Thank you for the reply. If I could patch it up I would just so it would last until the storm season passes, and hopefully after that I can find a more permanent solution.

As it stands, it's not that I can't pay for the materials, the fact is I can't get them to where I live.

I'll try to look if the plastic gutter will fit in our old gutter, maybe I could put it above the old gutter and maybe that will work for the time being.

PS: that picture is of the gutter inside the living room, that's the worst part of the gutter right now and it pours inside the house thanks to that. Adjoining the living room is the dining room, and the water goes there. The gutter on that side too is leaking water, so yeah the whole house could get flooded if I don't do something about this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back