Patching up question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have a question, whenever I do any patching wall chases etc I always use bonding then skim over with multi-finish. Although reading the various forums etc I'm seeing a lot of mention of easi fill. I know easi fill is used when patching up plasterboard joints, but can it be used instead of bonding/multi finish? And basically where else can it be used and what are it advantages and disadvantages

Cheers for your time

Sponsored Links
Hi guys, I have a question, whenever I do any patching wall chases etc I always use bonding then skim over with multi-finish. Although reading the various forums etc I'm seeing a lot of mention of easi fill. I know easi fill is used when patching up plasterboard joints, but can it be used instead of bonding/multi finish? And basically where else can it be used and what are it advantages and disadvantages

Cheers for your time

Easy fill is used because it's easy to sand. It's ok for cracks and small patches but I would not recomend it's use over bonding or mortar etc

Stick to the way you are doing it, it's the correct method.

Sorry don’t agree with that; Multi is difficult to blend in if your inexperienced; I do it but will usually end up skimming the whole wall to avoid any dissapointment. Little trick for you; remove the finish plaster back to the base 30-50mm eather side of the chase, fill out with Bonding to the original base coat level, tape where the two meet & fill out to the surrounding wall finish with easyfil, you won't have any probs; the Polish plaster whole walls with the firkin stuff.

Sponsored Links
Sorry don’t agree with that; Multi is difficult to blend in if your inexperienced; I do it but will usually end up skimming the whole wall to avoid any dissapointment. Little trick for you; remove the finish plaster back to the base 30-50mm eather side of the chase, fill out with Bonding to the original base coat level, tape where the two meet & fill out to the surrounding wall finish with easyfil, you won't have any probs; the Polish plaster whole walls with the firkin stuff.

You won't need to skim the whole wall if you do the patch correctly.....

You won't need to skim the whole wall if you do the patch correctly....
Don't disagree with that, what I said was it's difficult for the inexperienced; but it's the only stone bonk certain way you will never see the join; for the sake of a fiver, it saves all that faffing around & can be just as quick ;)

You won't need to skim the whole wall if you do the patch correctly....
Don't disagree with that, what I said was it's difficult for the inexperienced; but it's the only stone bonk certain way you will never see the join; for the sake of a fiver, it saves all that faffing around & can be just as quick ;)

Cheers for your time

;)

He is doing it the right way anyother would be a bodge.

I never said he isn’t but if he’s having probs patching with Multi, Easy fill might suit him better; I don’t use it but I would hardly describe it as a bodge.

I never said he isn’t but if he’s having probs patching with Multi, Easy fill might suit him better; I don’t use it but I would hardly describe it as a bodge.

He didn't say he was having a problem just asked why it was used.....

It's a bodge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back