Patching around sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

patching some largish holes around sockets, measuring upto 14" x 7". The walls are concrete block and I was thinking of PVA'ing, bonding then easy-fill.

Would the perimeter of the holes need to taped prior to the use of easy-fill?

I'm a complete novice when it comes to plastering. Will this be easier to get a flat / decent finish that's level with the surrounding skim, instead of using batten / plasterboard then using easy-fill.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thank's for the reply.

For a novice, would you advise the bonding method? My concerns are about feathering and I have the impression, I could be wrong, it may be more difficult to get a smooth finish using plasterboard and having to tape etc.

Would Easy-fill be the way to go for the finish coat?

View attachment 88199 Thank's for your reply.

For a novice, would you advise the bonding method? I have the impression, I could be wrong, that it may be more difficult to feather if using plasterboard and tape, etc.

Would Easy-fill be the way to go for the finish?

I've 6 sockets to make good. Some need less patching than the photo. I had someone look at it on Friday and he said that the whole kitchen would need to be replastered.

4 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've 6 sockets to make good. Some need less patching than the photo. I had someone look at it on Friday and he said that the whole kitchen would need to be replastered.

After you've patched around the sockets with Bonding, for a pro it may actually be easier and neater to re skim the whole wall.
If you're doing it yourself and not skimmed before - either pay a pro or blend in easy fill over the Bonding.

After you've patched around the sockets with Bonding, for a pro it may actually be easier and neater to re skim the whole wall.
If you're doing it yourself and not skimmed before - either pay a pro or blend in easy fill over the Bonding.

Thanks for your reply. I've managed to get hold of a plasterer that we used once before. He's given me a price that I feel is reasonable for skimming the whole kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back