Patching up very small holes in tarmac drive?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spent some time today brushing my very muddy drive (muddy water often runs off the road into it) and noticed 3 or 4 small holes starting to form (no doubt due to freezing water in winter - yes, it's really been that long since I brushed the drive). They are only a maximum of 2 or so inches long, often smaller, and maybe half an inch deep but I'd like to stop them getting any larger. What is the best way to easily patch them up?

Sponsored Links
As per mottie - use cold applied bagged Mac. You may want to warm it this time of the year before you open the bag. Seal it in a larger clean bag and keep it by a radiator over night.

Sponsored Links
Another vote from me for that (I got it from wickes).
In addition to heating it, I heated the ground slightly with a gas torch.
Then hit it in and compacted it with a hammer and a flat bit of wood.

Last edited:
Yes I was surprised how well that stuff works. Put mine in the bath for a while, crumble it up a bit so you can work it in all nooks and crannies and then just whacked in flat with a mallet. Obviously the colour might be a bit darker, but its cheaper than a new drive !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back