Patchy satin finish from intelligent matt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Little Greene portland stone intelligent matt, 2 coat of non-thinned on top of existing Little Green of same colour has left me with patchy sheen areas or even roller marks perhaps?

Pics of two walls, sides for first one, second has facing and side view
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d2prhut9bzc9fye/AAAVwNDK9S3E4R031TYH6p29a?dl=0

The house was originally decorated with Little Greene but I wasn't sure if it was "absolute matt" or "intelligent matt". I knew the colour so I went and bought 2.5L intelligent matt (I know pricey).

The hallway door was sealed and plastered, after sanding down more and filling the ugly work of the builders (who didn't even use mesh tape on the plasterboard joint that cracked) I did several mist coats of Dulux brilliant white matt, first one with thinned on the plaster and a couple more coats for priming.

Anyway, have been decorating here and there in there house with left over paint from Little Greene and had absolutely no issues like this so far.

What am I doing wrong? Did I buy the wrong type of paint. Should I thin the paint?
After two coats of really expensive paint I expected a smooth finish ...:cry:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back