Pathetic water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've lived in my house for 2 years and always had to tolerate a pathetic flow of hot water. The cold is fast and powerful but the hot is just like a fast trickle! Surely it's the same pressure coming in so presumably something is happening with the boiler which is a Main Combi 24? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Blockage in boiler or probably the cold iso valve is closed too much. It is usuall closed slightly to regulate the flow through the boiler.

Is this ISO valve something I can adjust or would it affect the workings of the boiler? The boiler had been serviced annually since we moved in so I would have thought a blockage would've been picked up on?

Look under the boiler, toward the right hand side there should be a blue handle. Is it in line with the pipe or diagonally?

Sponsored Links
On the pipes under the boiler there is a red stop valve, the valve that allows me to increase pressure and 3 further valves that are all black! Can't see anything that's blue?

Ok sorry the cold one will be the 2nd black handle from the right side. Is it straight or diagonal?

You need to be scientific.

First thing is to measure the hot flow rate. Should be a maximum of about 9 litres per minute.

If much less then ask the engineer servicing about it and get him to identify the cause and rectify.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back