Patio door not sealing properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My patio double glazed door does not properly seal, apart from feeling the draught with my hand I can actually see the gap. This is on newly-purchased a 10 year old house.

Regarding the top and bottom parts of the black rubber seal, the farther it is from the hinges the wider the gap becomes. The gap on vertical rubber seal (on the side where the door handle is) is more pronounced at the top and bottom corners and it appears to be sealing nicely around the door handle. The vertical rubber seal on the side of the hinges seems to be properly sealing.

This is the bottom corner (left) at the side of the hinges (good sealing):
left.jpg

And this is the bottom corner (right) at the side of the door handle (poor sealing):
right.jpg

Why wouldn't they seal properly? Is there something that I could do to remedy this or is applying draught excluder the only solution?

I don't know if it's related but I noticed that the run up block is not fixed, it can be moved freely (it doesn't move when the door is shut but it can be moved by hand):
run up block.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back