New UPVC french door not sealed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive turned the multipoint lock cams towards the seal of the frame but there is still a slight gap around the top right corner and bottom left corner and if you shake the door it moves a bit.

Its the side where the locking mechanism and latch is thats not tight enough, any ideas? Hinge side is fine.

Its a single french door fixed to a solid glass pane.

Sponsored Links
So ive looked and the multipoint locking mechanism doesent go right to the top of the UPVC door so basically there is nothing at the top or bottom to keep the french door fully pulled towards the seal in the corners.

Nothing i can really do is there? Its not much of a gap but enough to let more sound than id prefer out/in and a tiny tiny draft when windy.

I'll stick my neck out and guess it's a lock master mechanism and from my experience of these there is never any cams or hooks within 18" of the top or bottom so you have nothing pulling the door in tight

I'll stick my neck out and guess it's a lock master mechanism and from my experience of these there is never any cams or hooks within 18" of the top or bottom so you have nothing pulling the door in tight
I think it is yes, what a stupid design.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• IMG-20231104-WA0021.jpeg
    IMG-20231104-WA0021.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 40

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back