Patio Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've searched but I mustn't be using the correct terms.

We are having an extension done and some existing patio doors replaced. Costs are racking up quickly and we need to save some money. I'll be getting a quote from the builder from his usual windows guy but want to be informed.

We need one 3 leaf bifold
3 tall thin windows about 2m high by 80cm
3 French doors (two 1.8m and a 2.1m)

All in grey/anthracite.

My thinking was aluminium for the bifolds but I think I'm going to have to go with PVC for the rest to make it viable and hope we can get a colour match.

What are people's thoughts on this?

I can't seem to fathom who would be 'good' manufacturers of the french doors and bifolds - any opinions or is the the usual that its the fitting that counts?

Thanks for any help!

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hmm. Not really mate.
Anyone else with experience of longevity?

I have had some sliding doors from dunster house installed for over 10 years. They were a good price at the time. They do online costs for doors and windows...
Do you have a local trade window supplier? Where are you located?

Roofingoutlet can quote up for smarts bifolds - they also have some standard sizes on their website.

I had a quote for a large window and 3m bifold. £2400 ex vat and £650 to fit

Roofing outlet sells
Visofold 1000. Gooogling suggests they are fine.

anyone got experience of them please?

No but see this video of them being installed.
I did see some in a showroom and they operated nicely and looked good.
One fitter I had out mentioned he didn't install them due to the gasket around the glass being a pain to install? They are suggesting installing cortizo gold bifolds.
I'm getting a price early next week for the smart bifold install..

Just out of interest will you be going for UPVC windows? Grey on outside white on inside?
Door grey both sides?

Roofing outlet sells
Visofold 1000. Gooogling suggests they are fine.

anyone got experience of them please?

Upvc windows and French doors grey inside and out. Hoping the standard greys are standard!

I’m starting to wonder if we just go for a 5m bifold and drop the windows. No idea if that means our design would have to change though I.e. would that need some sort of steel above them?

The greys are normally a standard RAL colour so should match?
I would think a 5m bifold would need a large steel with calculations from an engineer?
It would however look awesome! You may also need a SAPs calculation due to more glass?

Upvc windows and French doors grey inside and out. Hoping the standard greys are standard!

I’m starting to wonder if we just go for a 5m bifold and drop the windows. No idea if that means our design would have to change though I.e. would that need some sort of steel above them?

My advice is do not fit pvc bifolds, a few years and they'll all over place, ali bi-folds pvc for everything else, anthracite grey is RAL7016, every manufacturer uses the RAL colour chart so should be no difference in colour from different manufacturers only textures ie if you have smooth ali bi-fiolds and pvc windows are foiled grey with a woodgrain texture then it may throw shadows and appear a different shade but its still 7016 on both

My advice is do not fit pvc bifolds, a few years and they'll all over place, ali bi-folds pvc for everything else, anthracite grey is RAL7016, every manufacturer uses the RAL colour chart so should be no difference in colour from different manufacturers only textures ie if you have smooth ali bi-fiolds and pvc windows are foiled grey with a woodgrain texture then it may throw shadows and appear a different shade but its still 7016 on both
Thanks Crank. Def not upvc bifolds!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back