Patio/Garden Wall Advice and DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We are going to re-do our new-home (2012) back garden.

We plan to put a new patio in and build a brick walled raised bed. I have read that the slabs should be 150mm below the DPC.

1) Can anyone advise where our DPC is as it's not visible (photos attached). I guess looking at the bricks that it is immediately above the vent bricks - which would give enough space as is.
2) how close can we build the retaining wall for the raised bed (i.e. parallel to the house wall) to the wall? The wall will be roughly 1-1.5m long?
3) Same question as 2 but for the paving slabs - I thought you should have a gravel trap between the wall and patio but we haven't at the moment!

Many thanks for any help :)

Attachments

• untitled 1.png
    untitled 1.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 151
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    55 KB · Views: 192
Sponsored Links
Do you pay for data use? Those are the smallest photos in the world

DPC is probably above the air bricks
As close as you like if you insert a vertical DPC. Or 10mm gap
Up to the wall

Haha! Don't know why they came out so small!

So you can put the wall 10mm to the house wall as long as the gap goes down to a level 15mm below dpc? Great.

The mortar below the dpc (if I had bigger pictures it would be noticeable) looks a bit flaky etc - is that ok or should I get it redone?

Also any thoughts on how close slabs can be to wall?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back