patio question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was planning to lay my patio very simply in a square stack bond layout with the 45cm square slabs that I already have, but having measured up I don't have enough. Been trying to find some matching ones from gumtree etc, but no joy so far.

Its now got me thinking that maybe I should add some block pavers in between to make the pattern more interesting instead of trying to find matching slabs.

My question is, does this make it much more difficult? I've never done anything like this before so wanted to keep it as simple as possible!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
How much are you short? Adding bricks or contrasting slabs to make a pattern or a border is a good wheeze.

You say you can't find matching - do you mean colour and finish, or size? If only size, you can mix them up and end up a few small unfilled gaps.

Which brings me back to how much are you short? If not a massive amount you could consider leaving gaps to make up the difference and plant thyme, or chamomile etc - looks good, and smells nice when walked on.

https://joansbolton.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/mind-the-gap-planting-between-pavers/

Sponsored Links
I was going to suggest an idea (which would require the hire of a saw) of cutting some on an angle so that you could let in an asymmetric line of bricks, other pavers, decking, gravel, resin-bonded gravel or glass, whatever - don't know if that would have bought you enough coverage though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back