Patio step up to dpc future damp issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently done patio . Got told everything would be fine (as you do) but i had a concern regarding the top step and potential damp issues in the future

From what Ive read recently patio should be a certain amount below dpc, of which this doesn’t meet that as top step hits where dpc starts. (Red brick)

Now that’s it been built. Is it likely to be issue from what’s seen here, either in the gap below sill or either side of the step and what things would help prevent

IMG_1660.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Recently done patio . Got told everything would be fine (as you do) but i had a concern regarding the top step and potential damp issues in the future

From what Ive read recently patio should be a certain amount below dpc, of which this doesn’t meet that as top step hits where dpc starts. (Red brick)

Now that’s it been built. Is it likely to be issue from what’s seen here, either in the gap below sill or either side of the step and what things would help prevent

View attachment 306385
Please tell me they are NOT sleepers under the steps?

And who's idea was it to have all that horrendous block showing below DPC?

Zero soffit on the extension.

Horrendous coursing on the last (top) course of tiles on dormer.

Bodgers corner. (y)

Thanks for answering the question. And yep I know about those issues due to dealing with cowboys.

Sponsored Links
When the paving comes unstuck you could probably cut a small drainage trough against the wall, say 50mm wide and 150mm deep.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back