Paving re- Grouting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,
After hiring 'Landscape gardener' to do our new patio and using incorrectly 'Easy Joint' a type of paving grout, many of the joints have come off, as he did not apply wet application.

Now I am planning to do it myself and wonder what make is best to use. Saw Wicks patio grout, not sure if its superior to Easy Joint.

Do I go for 'Easy Joint' again or is there something better. And also do I need the old ones out completely?

Sponsored Links
What are the joints like? If they are wide like brickwork then sand cement will be strongest

You need to rake the joints out to a minimum of 20mm. Then repoint with whatever you like. Easyjoint is not bad and one of the better one part polymerics. Marshalls weatherpoint and gtfk vdw are also good. Avoid any own brand stuff or sika or geofix like the plague.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back