paving slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im new to the site and am looking for some advice regarding my newly laid patio.last month i laid 30 sq metres of riven concrete slabs 35mm thick ,random sizes type.put down 8 inches of hardcore,whackered it down and laid the slabs on a full bed of morter(3 building,1 sharp,1 cement)mixed in a mixer and about 40mm thick.looks good ,but have noticed 3 or 4 slabs are slightley moving ,enough to crack the geo fix pointing,its as if these slabs havent stuck to the mortar bed.gonna take up and re-lay these,can i use anything to make the mortar stick to the back of the slab? thanks for any replys :D

Sponsored Links
TBH the only reason they might have become un-stuck is if you walked on them too soon after laying, or they were duty/dirty when you laid them, or you used the 5 blob method. Was the mortar bed nice and even?

wet the slabs first.. and water the base..
I was told that if slabs of bricks ( or indeed the soil in this case ) is too dry / porus then it sucks the water out of the mortar so it dries rather than sets..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back