Paying upfront for garden fence job

Thanks again Harry

I was having a senior moment about the amount of the debt. When you start the online process, do you just declare £450, or do you factor in online fee, signed for letter etc? Also if the process takes a few months to complete, at what point would you include interest etc?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Thanks again Harry

I was having a senior moment about the amount of the debt. When you start the online process, do you just declare £450, or do you factor in online fee, signed for letter etc? Also if the process takes a few months to complete, at what point would you include interest etc?

I'm well out of touch with the process, better to read the online guide.

Hi

V quick update. Have submitted claim now, so letting process take its course. (Defendant has three weeks to respond) I’m now worried that although we’ll get an inevitable judgement in our favour, it will fall on deaf ears. I know we can get high court writ and we’ll certainly pursue that option. However, is there any point at which it will be made public whether the “defendant” has other CCJs outstanding?

Sponsored Links
However, is there any point at which it will be made public whether the “defendant” has other CCJs outstanding?

I think there must be a way to find out, because you often hear that so-and-so has x number of CCJ's against them. Maybe ask in a legal forum, uk.legal.moderated is quiet helpful if you have a newsreader.

Hi

Thanks again. I’ve now read up and there doesn’t seem to be full proof way, save paying a credit agency. I suppose what I was getting at was the Court itself likely to recognise that this was the nth CCJ when making its adjudication?

I suppose what I was getting at was the Court itself likely to recognise that this was the nth CCJ when making its adjudication?

That I don't know - in a criminal case, the jury are kept in the dark about previous convictions, so I suspect the same will be true of a County Court proceeding.

Thanks. I tend to agree with you. Just seems daft if this ends up being a case of multiple CCJs.

Hi All

Update

The law has taken its course..... After many extensions, the defendants did not reply to the claim. (Mega surprised) I can now apply for the CCJ. I have three payment choices: Immediate, instalments or by set period.

Knowing the circumstances, would I be better off going for instalments? The debt is now £500, so perhaps £50 a month??

Thanks

Dunno, but I'd be tempted to ask for the whole lot in one go?

Hello,

I've been following this thread. I'm sorry to see that it's got this far, but glad you've not had to wait too long for the courts, CCJ and action.

I'd like to apologise for me saying that the money isn't mind blowing. I guess I mispoke, but my intention was to say something more like it's not a lot to some people, but it is to others (ie: it's not trivial!). I hope this all goes well and I will be keeping an eye on this.

I'd recommend asking for immediate payment. I think you're being a bit too nice to him really - if he can't pay immediately he should be able to tell you and then offer how much he can pay in installments. What's to say you wouldn't get the first payment and not the rest.

Go for payment in full. If you allow him staged payments and he only pays one, you go through the whole court process again to get the rest of the payments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back