PB at differing levels due to cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, like a divvy i boarded out the bottom of the wall first. An obvious choice one would think, but there is a mish mash of 2.5 and 6mm cables that cross over each other high up on the wall.
Now with dot'n'dab these push the board out much further than the lower board........which i'd already put on....and set.
So, now i have the upper boards sticking out about 8-10mm over the lower board.
I could maybe get away with overboarding the lower one with a 9.5mm pb, but how should i adhere this if i do? Dot'n'dab would then leave the lower board prouder than the upper ones. Screws won't work as it's onto brick.

The area concerned is about 2m high x 1.1m, so i may put some plaster stops on each vertical edge and bond up the difference as skim could never make up the difference of 8-10mm

What do you reckon?

Opinions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Tax the PB off, batten the wall and then fit the PB correctly would be my approach.

If you want to bodge it, some gripfill might work to stick an additional piece of PB to the bottom section.

When you mention a load of wires, are these capped?

Tax the PB off, batten the wall and then fit the PB correctly would be my approach.

If you want to bodge it, some gripfill might work to stick an additional piece of PB to the bottom section.

When you mention a load of wires, are these capped?

No, the wires aren't capped. My step-son did it who is an electrical apprentice. His boss (a friend of mine) was round the other day and didn't say it was wrong. Capping isn't a requirement. The cables are just tacked to the wall and dot'n'dabbed over.
I'll consider ripping off the 2m x 1.1m board and redoing with thicker globs of adhesive. to level it with the boards above it.

Sponsored Links
You could dab a full board over the two bits you have already. Batten and board is my preferred method but since you've started....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back