PC fan to leisure battery

Having the door wide open is short-circuiting the ventilation- drier (less dense) air will be wafting in from the top of the doorway and out the vents, the damper air sitting in the greenhouse won't be moving
As a test, leave the door open but fix something over the doorway leaving a narrow gap (50mm) or so at the bottom, get a draught running.
By the way, your fan probably won't do much. Last year had to put an 8 inch extract fan into a tiny timber shed- the control gear was overheating with the 4 inch originally fitted.

Thank you. I will certainly give that a try. The fan arrived today and I have successfully wired it up to the 12V supply, so I am going to give that a try too.

If the door thing works, then perhaps just a louvre vent or two, near the ground would be enough.

Unfortunately, it's not a good day to test the fan (or the door blocking) because it's overcast and the greenhouse is only about a degree warmer than the outside temp (25 vs 24). Typical :)

EDIT: I also think that I am a bit short on roof vents. I have two 2ft x 2ft vents, but the floor area is 72 square feet. So ratio of about 9:1, whereas I believe the recommended ratio is 5:1

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You have missed the point, looking at regulating the voltage supply.

OK thanks. I just wondered if the 12V socket would regulate it (at least regulate it down if the battery was delivering above 12V).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back