PCB needs to be replaced?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I recently had a leak on my boiler, heating and water was working fine but just a constant drip coming from the bottom.

I got out an engineer to come and fix the issue, he ordered a part and resolved the problem.

Then after he left, I had no hot water, but the heating was fine. Then the water came on, but no heating. I told him there was hot water, but no heating, and he said (over the phone, without looking at the boiler again) that this is a PCB issue, and he has now ordered a PCB and is coming to fit it in a few days

Does this seem correct? I know this is likely to be expensive, and my I would have assumed that if the PCB is faulty the water wouldn’t be working either? Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
I would get a second opinion from a gas engineer rather than trying to get someone on here to try and figure out if you need a PCB or not.

Make and model of boiler is a good start, what part was replaced, was/is there an error code? Could be something simple, could be pcb, who knows.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back