IDEAL ICOS 24HE Boiler & Immersion Heater Both Not worki

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in a new build with a new system (appx 6yrs old)
I had a plumber come round last week, as my rads were not working as efficiently as they should (cold at bottom, they have never been brilliant the whole time i have been here). I was still getting some heat and hot water was fine.

He checked that they didnt need bleeding. He then ordered a new pump for the boiler, came back 4 days later and installed, he also drained the boiler from the outside pressure relief valve, but said he was having a few problems with the display, but to leave the heating switched off so not to damage the new pump. He then went on to say that maybe it would be a good idea to get the system flushed. He came by the next day as I now had no hot water, he told me that the element has burnt out on the immersion. he also suggested it might be a better idea to get a new boiler installed, as he felt my "Ideal Icos" wasn't sufficient to heat my house (its 6 beds, 19 Rads).

I then got another plumber round and he tested the main PCB and it wasn't working, (I'm thinking that the 1st plumber done something to the PCB which is why he told me to not turn it on, and is saying its coincidental). Do you think im being ripped off? Also could my immersion heater not be working becausethe Main PCB in the boiler is not working?

Sponsored Links
Yes
No

First guy is a plank.

Second - dunno yet.

First guy probably got water on the PCB when he took the pump out.

You might need a new PRV now too.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back