Immersion Heater Switch (Emergence)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some advice just had my kitchen replaced alone with new sockets and a new single Immersion Heater Switch, my old immersion switch was a Dual Immersion Heater Switch.

The problem is that when I switch on the new immersion switch within 20 minutes the immersion switch becomes too hot to touch, I have to use the dish towel to turn it off.

I have spoken to the electrician who fitted the new sockets and immersion switch he says that it’s a 13amp immersion switch and should be ok, he told me to get a plumber as the tank settings are set to high or the thermostat needs replacing?

Is the problem not because he has replaced a Dual Immersion Heater Switch with a single immersion switch?
Any advice would much appreciated thanks Tom

Sponsored Links
Is it safe to say that I should change the single 20AMP immersion switch back to a 20A Dual Immersion Switch?

Sponsored Links
how the f**k can someone tell you the water temp is heating the switch, statements like that upset me (can you tell) i would not be happy getting work done by someone who could say that to resolve a problem, i would have been straight back round to check something like that out, what if there was a fire or something

Update- have ordered a 20amp duel immersion switch and got another electrician to fit it,
Thanks for all your help and tips
Tom :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back