problem with ideal icos

nickso said:
the.ideal.man said:
nickso said:
and a roomstat above a trv affects the general gashness of ideal boilers does it?

i can appreciate your loyalty to your employer, misguided or not, i can also appreciate your product knowledge, but ideal havent made a good boiler since the non electronic mexico.

so why does the isar out sell most other boiler!!

only the idiots who buy it or install it can answer that. where did you get that information from?

up here mate, its either worcester or ideal!!!

given that choice i wouldnt even look at the ideal.

mexico was a cracking boiler tho

it was indeed.

i just realised i forgot about the classic. that is actually the last good ideal boiler.

i have a greenstar at home and its s***te

we produce over 1500 a day! they must be going somewhere, as we only make them to order, demand. i must have been unlucky then, its about to be ripped out for an isar he 35. but hey im lucky i have a van outside full of parts, oh aint i lucky:cool:

ive not had many problems with them yet. my mothers one is doing very well.

Sponsored Links
Why do you need a van full of parts? I have a first aid kit for the Atmos boilers we fit. Its the size of a shoe box and still has most of the parts still in it...

so why does the isar out sell most other boiler

i wonder if its owt to do with ideal nearly giving them away to councils/housing authorities/ warm front/ cheapskate developers etc etc

Very few independents that i know of will touch them.

scatmanjohn said:
so why does the isar out sell most other boiler

i wonder if its owt to do with ideal nearly giving them away to councils/housing authorities/ warm front/ cheapskate developers etc etc

Very few independents that i know of will touch them.

Except the price beating cowboys out there :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the.ideal.man said:
but more often than not its a worn electrode

Why do they make/fit electrodes that can't take the heat of combustion. Most have the longer part 'bend' away due to the heat therefore making the spark gap too large to spark.

just to put a spanner in mr ideals comments, i am a BG technician, and we field trialed the ISAR HE series because the M series was very problematic, the PCB was poor and drew too much voltage thats why the external spark gen was introduced.

BG stopped selling the ISAR's and ICOS's because of the reliablilty issues, in fact you could say the field trail failed.

Im sorry to say! ideal have lost their way with the condensing market. In fact i'd stick my neck out and say i would prefer the old ideal turbo 2 to the ICOS.

:evil:

the.ideal.man said:
Ashwood Heating said:
the.ideal.man said:
i change enough so i should know

Enough said

thats right mate its quite common after the boiler has been in about 2 years as often lack of servicing can cause the electrode to loose is spark gap, regular servicing would pick this up, and electrode changed annually if needed. also the design of the spark gen has been altered recently so the lead doesnt touch the return pipe. i posted a reply to the guy in an aim so save him being ripped off and still not fixing the problem, you installers aint perfect you know so of the shocking things ive seen would make you blush. some of you dont know difference between flow and return, or minimum load differencials!!! mmmm let me say AUTO BYPASS needed, oh heres another good one i often see, room stat directly above a trv! make sure your perfect before dissing the boiler manufacturers!! :evil:

whatever you say it's no excuse for a company such as ideal to have complete numpties that make it quite clear they'd rather be filing their nails than trying to answer questions. they can't do anything but script read and have absolutely no product knowledge.

someone should tell one of your directors to phone valliant and see what real technical support is, take a leaf from their book and have staff that know their boilers inside out and can actually answer a straight question.

you seem to be an asset to the company from the few posts i've read, it's a pity the same doesn't run true through the whole company.

I agree, you are to be commended for the love of your job ideal.man, these day's its rare to be so content. This thread has turned a little bit sour about the ICOS.

So i apologise.

[/quote]

Is Alan Simms still at Ideal?

And what about that lady with the PhD on the design team?

What exactly are the "new range of boilers out this summer" ???

Tony

Agile said:
Is Alan Simms still at Ideal?

And what about that lady with the PhD on the design team?

What exactly are the "new range of boilers out this summer" ???

Tony

and what colour is the new black this season?

There is one fella on the helpdesk who if 1st class, He even rang me back to see how i got on :eek:

I think all the manufacturers have good and absolute sheeeiite people on there helplines.

Wasn't Dave Kemp was it Scat? He's the only one who ever seems to give good proper advice and knows what he is talking about without having to read the 'crib sheet'.

scatmanjohn said:
There is one fella on the helpdesk who if 1st class, He even rang me back to see how i got on :eek:

I think all the manufacturers have good and absolute sheeeiite people on there helplines.

that wasnt a guy called dave was it? same thing happened to me....almost peed my self i was so surprised.

gas4you said:
Wasn't Dave Kemp was it Scat? He's the only one who ever seems to give good proper advice and knows what he is talking about without having to read the 'crib sheet'.

thats him :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back