Ideal icos m3080 boiler - Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ideal icos m3080 has just packed up. No symptoms or warning. There appears to be no power getting to it. I have changed over the fuse in the external socket, but this has made no difference. There is no power to the main power switch

Can anyone throw some light on this problem for me? Is it a PCB issue maybe?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes, just double checked and there is power coming from the fused spur. The main power switch does have a slight light to it, but not what was there in the past.

Sponsored Links
sounds like you have lost the neutral somewhere do you know how to carry out a full 240v supply and polarity check ?

I doubt he has the skill or equipment to properly test the supply. Perhaps just a neon screwdriver?

Probably will need to call someone. A fixed price repair is often good value.

Tony

In al reality I probably don't have the tools to check as Tony said, just a Neon screwdriver. I do have a multimeter, and had this been a car then maybe it would have been slightly more straight forward to me.

In the event that a multimeter is the right piece of equipment, how/what is the correct procedure to establish the 240 v supply and then check if indeed the neutral has been lost and a polarity check?

Thanks for the responses to date

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back