Ideal ICOS M3080 intermittent problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to this forum - please help

We have a 6.5 year old Ideal ICOS M3080 boiler which has an intermittent problem displaying 0 in the panel and not firing up. Can get around it manually by switching power off and on but when it's timed to come on it frequently doesn't. Have had new bathroom fitted and new timer control box which we hoped would fix things but it's still not working.

Any ideas?

THanks

Sam

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if its either nor receiving or not responding to a call for heat.

Can you measure the voltage on the call for heat connection at the boiler ?

Unlikely but just possible the input connection at the bottom is not pressed fully home.

Tony

0 is the boiler on standby waiting for a demand from either the heating or hot water.

What happens if you run a hot tap? Does it work ok?

If so I would be looking at the external controls and/or the wiring.

To test if it is the external controls, link out the permanent live and the switched live on the terminal plug under the boiler.

Only attempt this if you are confident/competent with mains electrics though.

Totally agree but also feel duty bound to warn you that your boiler at it's age is an absolute can of worms. my advise in any case is to get a competent person to check it thoroughly including removing the burner and inspecting the burner box, whether it has the modified spark and sense electrodes fitted without which it is risky to use, ensure the flue turret internal exhaust pipe hasn't wrotten away and is still a good seal with the exhaust manifold.

not you rproblem but the likely cause of so many future problems involving more parts than it is worth throwing at it unless preventetive action is taken. If I owned one I would be inspecting it and actioning remedials instead of wiaiting for the inevitable and adding a pcb to the parts involved..

Sponsored Links
If I owned one I would be inspecting it and actioning remedials instead of wiaiting for the inevitable and adding a pcb to the parts involved..

If I owned one I'd be taking it down the scrappy. :D

I did that with a suanier duval and was gutted to only get £8 for a gianoni heat exchanger. stainless which probably costs £300.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back