Ideal Icos M3080 Boiler not Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Boiler fails to light and shows "F" and "L" on the display. The boiler is an Ideal Icos M3080. The fault was traced to the printed circuit board in the control black box. The cost to replace this box with a new one came to £150 + VAT. Some suppliers wanted £200 + VAT for this unit.

I am a poor student and couldn't afford the new unit.
I took my faulty unit to an electronics expert and he repaired it for me.

He now offers a repair service for this unit. The repairs are made with the exact make and type of components used in the existing unit. No changes are made to the circuit. Therefore the repaired unit is safe.

The boiler works exactly as it should do.

So if your Ideal boiler is not lighting and showing the "F" and "L" fault message give Bob a ring on 07790 923036

Sponsored Links
I would wonder what facilities he has for testing the units and whether he has any insurance should his repaired unit cause someones house to burn down.

I also wonder if "he" is actually "you".

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back