Ideal icos m3080 failing with ' - ' as error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see various posts about Ideal boilers but not for this, can anyone help?

Ideal m3080 has intermittent 'fault' when on timer - after coming on, green burner light on and error message reads ' - ' rather than any of letter codes, boiler no generating hot water or heating.

When turned on manually (via timer control) appears to work OK.

Previously turning boiler off, then on, reset it and it'd then work OK. Recently failed with PCB error - PCB has been replaced. Same intermittent 'fault' again when used with timer.

Sponsored Links
Ta for the reply - short answer is, I don't know.

Not being a professional can I ask a stupid question..

Would it be obvious if the vent had a leak? would you see it when, say, the PCB was being replaced? (if you weren't really looking for it)

Could be it isn't leaking leaking from the AAV. You might find it hasn't got one ;)

Sponsored Links
My icos M3080 boiler packed up (typically) on Jan 1st 2007 and having followed all the fault-tree analysis, I wound up replacing the PCB (Primary Control). Ever since, it has "flatlined" with regular monotony (normally in the winter of course) usually in the night or when away for a couple of days, to please me returning to a cold house..... Always cured (no not cured at all actually - always re-set) after switching off & on at the rocker switch. Come back this time & the illuminating LED on the rocker is on, but otherwise appears stone dead. Please, not a third PCB at £212???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back