PCV door rubbing at top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a plastic / PVC door which allows access from a sunroom to the carport.

Over the last month or so the door firstly began rubbing against the top of the frame to now it being a struggle to even open the thing!

The sun room isn't the greatest structure in the world - to be honest it's all built a bit wonky (by previous owners). However it's useful space and it's a pain with the door beunf how it is now. I originally put it down to swelling in the heat, but it'd be a lot of expansion - and it hasn't really gotten any better in the recent slightly cooler climate.

Is it possible to have the door adjusted/lowered on the hinges? Or might this cause problems as the lock won't be lined up with the door?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
When you say top I assume you mean the top side rather than the actual top?
Assuming so yes it should be adjustable, Post a pic of the door so we can see the alignment and a close up of the hinges

When you say top I assume you mean the top side rather than the actual top?
Assuming so yes it should be adjustable, Post a pic of the door so we can see the alignment and a close up of the hinges

Well the top of the door at the far end is rubbing against the top of the plastic door frame. I'm not sure to what extent this is due to the hot weather (which is probably magnified being in a sun room). So ideally I'd like the door slightly lowered to give more of a gap at the top. Is this likely to be doable by someone who knows what they're doing (not me!)?

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell without photos. Its probably possible but there are hundreds of makes of door and thousands of hinges

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back