Peashooter/Nail Punch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where these can be gotten or fabricated for a reasonable price in the UK? Normally on formwork jobs you have a welder tack a heavy bolt to a steel rod and cut some sleeve from a fence rib or such but I haven't been on a site with welders on it for years now and could use a new one.. Example of the tool in question in this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APi9mL7wx6k

Sponsored Links
You could fashion one with some tube, threaded rod and washers. No welding required. ;)

Now that's a good idea. But 10mm would be too loose for the nails.. does threaded rod come in smaller gauge?

Sponsored Links
Lovit then.. down to me local ironmongers at the weekend. Thanks for the tip! :)

Decided to try too make one, piece of tube from a dead gazebo frame, inner tube off some ali pipe I had lying around, some m10 threaded rod and about 40 washers for the weight, works a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back