Funny conversation with WORX "salesman"...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I'm sure you've seen the flood of WORX electric/battery tools on eBay after Homebase shifted a load of old stock half-price. No? head on down before you're too late!

As I was interested in getting a multi-cutter (been after a Bosch but the amount of work didn't make it worthwhile) I had a look at WORX's demo videos on Youtube.

This video made me laugh, look at the way he tidies up after each nail!

For those who can't be bothered to head over to YouTube, here's our conversation:

My comment: Crazy comparison - the one behind is tidying up after cutting each nail, of course he's gonna be slower!!!

Their guy: Hi Stephen, thank you for your comment, please test both of them and let me know. :)

OK then - please send me both models shown in the video free of charge and I will!

Sorry, it is not polite disclose the name of the competitors.

So how can I compare them if you don't tell me which is the other model?

Hi Stephen, Moreover, the one behind, as you can see, pushes hard to be able to cut. When, suddenly, the cut is done, he loses control and this is the reason why every time he has to reposition the tool

Yep! I know it’s bad using these tools when you're drunk, but that's ridiculous!! If he loses control so badly, he shouldn't be using that tool in the first place.

A fair comparison would use a machine to drive the tool over the nails, and record the force required to do the task. But anyway, I haven't got time to argue!

Hi Stephen, I have no Idea...test with the best brand that you know :)

:cool:

Needless to say, I bought one of them but haven't got around to using it yet.

PS: An interesting note in the manual warns users to hold the tool with the insulated gripping surface when they (expect to) cut hidden cables! HSE where are you? :eek:

Sponsored Links
They're fantastic tools; competitor C is a bosch (I own one) and it's been great. I've yet to use any of the straight cutters that came with mine; the pacman shaped one is pretty worn out though

Cutting nails off could be down to technique (you can push too hard as well as too lightly) and oscillation speed as well as blade type.. It's very easy with these things to get the blade stuck stationary on the cut piece and then it doesn't do any cutting, it just vibrates the piece or the tool. Try cutting a plastic pipe holding it in one hand an he tool in the other and you'll see what I mean. Advise to move the tool back and forth slowly like a real saw as this will help avoid the blade getting stuck and also mean the teeth wear more evenly

I notice at no point do they compete against a black and orange competitor :LOL:

Sponsored Links
In the following screw cutting competition Smart pits their blade against a fein wood cutting blade. (see 1.30mins)

Gawd!! They could have edited out the "WOOD" label on the blade if they're going to shame it!

Someone tell me what "cutting bi-metal" means? I thought that was a technique for making strong blades with cheaper material at the "non-working" end? Like razors which use a little sliver of sharp something mounted on a cheap stiff backing plate...

It's all a case of "Pay peanuts get monkeys".

"bi" means two
bimetal
bisexual
bicycle
bipolar

in general with metal gives a greater result/flexibility over one material but the reference is fully aimed at the blade material construction

Someone tell me what "cutting bi-metal" means
Bi-mtallic cutters are cutters where the sharp end (teeth, etc) are made from high speed steel (HSS) which is generally welded onto a softer tool steel (carbon steel) back ormain body. The HSS being harder is more durable when cutting agressive and hard materials such as mild steel nails whilst a low carbon steel back, being more flexible and less brittle than HSS is better able to absorb shock and so is less likely to fail when you run it for prolonged periods at high oscillations. Simple!

As to speed, I have a Fein FMM250Q (2nd generation) multitool. It is about half as fast again as the original 170 watt tool I had 10 years back. The new SuerCut 350 in turn is more than twice as fast. Can't see a cheapish DIY tool beating one made by the firmn who invented and patented the concept TBH

So fast, the dial on it is now rated in reverse, and is he number of seconds it takes to give you white finger!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back